Asian Fawn 1.5 Tarantula
Tarantula Habitat and Care
Basic tarantula care for all species is fairly similar. There are two main types of tarantulas: arboreal and terrestrial. The two do require different setups, but the setups all require the same basic items. All tarantulas eat the same things so their care varies little. Overall, tarantulas are a very easy pet to raise.
The basic tarantula setup:
- 20 gallon aquarium with locking top.
- Substrate (Coconut husk, potting soil, moss, bark, or a sand and soil mix all work well as substrates.)
- Fake plants for arboreal species
- Rocks and other hiding places
- Water container
- Crickets and other insects